Thursday, October 13, 2011

News Sources

I thought that it was interesting to read about how people hear news and which news sources they find most credible.  I was surprised to read that in a survey conducted in 2006 that 80% of people surveyed said that they read/watch/listen to news.  I think it is generally assumed that most people, especially people in my age group, don't really pay attention to the news.  I think it would've been interesting if the survey included the ages of people who were surveyed.  It's also interesting to think about how news sources have changed.  In the past most people depended upon TV and newspapers to find out the news, but now more people get their information off of the internet.   

I also thought it was interesting to read about the news sources that Democrats and Republicans find most credible.  Because I personally don't watch TV news that much unless I'm with my dad, I didn't know that Fox is typically favored by Republicans and Democrats typically favor CNN and NPR.  Thinking about it now though, when watching the news with my dad (who is pretty liberal), we don't really watch Fox News often, but he does always listen to NPR on the radio.  Manjoo says that most Democrats don't believe much information heard on Fox News, and most Republicans don't believe what they hear on CNN.  I wonder if more people started listening to different news sources with an open mind, if they would find some overlap or maybe even begin to form different opinions on the news.    
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home